Thursday 17 July 2014

It's almost here.


Chris R56 JCW
My R58 JCW


Ali's R56 JCW



So, with just over a week to go, it's finally sinking in what's happening. Little did I know when I went out test driving cars with my friend Dan this time 5 years ago I'd be about to embark on a life long ambition - coast to coast across the USA. Especially as that day 5 years ago I was looking for a Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch turbo diesel. 

How would that lead to such a MINI adventure? End up that way it did, and a few months later I was driving a MINI Cooper Diesel, which set me on the path to this trip. It led me to Surrey New Mini, which took me to MINI United with Christine, Phil, Janet, Garry & Ali and it's Christine that has been the driving force for MINI Takes the States. Without her tireless efforts sorting accommodation, finding Amy & Tryon who Chris and I will be riding with and organising Ali & myself to make sure we get to San Francisco on the right date none of it would be possible! The only things missing will be our cars, as my 2013 JCW CoupĂ©, and Chris and Ali's 2011 JCW Hatch's will have to sit this one out, by virtue of the Atlantic ocean sitting in the way.


So next Friday Phil, Chris & Ali of Surrey New Mini will fly out to San Francisco to make new friends, and begin a MINI adventure of a lifetime. Fourteen nights, 18 states, 4,500 miles of what promises to be a memory making trip. I'll try and keep this blog updated as we go, including the adventures of Morris, the trips mascot kindly donated by Roger & Trish!



Morris, our mascot.


Don't forget to check Ali's blog, JCWAdventures.com as I'm sure he'll have his insights on the trip too.

No comments:

Post a Comment